Thursday, November 09, 2006

Back to Massage School


This week we are taking a break from teaching to be students again. We're studying Chi Nei Tsang - Chinese abdomenal organ massage. Yes, organ massage. Today a guy had both thumbs on my kidneys (from the front!), and I have the fingernail imprints to prove it.

If you know your anatomy, this thumb contact will amaze and frighten you-- If I've ever given you a massage and am likely to again some day, you are probably a little frightened too. Not to worry. Though it's interesting work, for me Thai massage is still what speaks to my heart.

Tomorrow we finish the course and settle back in to our little family and school routine. Jimmy has been a trooper all week, coming in the little red Diahatsu with Nok and Nong to meet us "for lunch." I'll be very happy to give him my full attention again. I hate to miss a minute of it.

No comments: